Call for Proposals: ECML PKDD Discovery Challenge
We welcome proposals for the Discovery Challenge of ECML PKDD 2022. Each year ECML PKDD hosts several challenges in order to promote research and evaluate machine learning approaches in real-world applications. The Discovery Challenge is open to academic and industrial institutions as well as to non-profit organizations.
Each selected challenge will have a dedicated session in the conference for the presentation of the solutions.
Call for Discovery Challenge Proposals
- Submission deadline: February 20, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2022
Competition Time Frame
Competition maximum window:
- Start: April 1, 2022
- End: June 15, 2022
Publish results: No later than 30 June 2022
Submit system descriptions: No later than 31 July 2022
All deadlines should expire at 23:59 Anywhere on Earth (AOE, UTC – 12).
The proposal should be up to 4 pages and should contain the following information:
- Problem description: why is the problem challenging and interesting? What is the real-world application and the impact (research/societal, etc.)?
- Details on the data. Privacy and ethical concerns if any. Provide details about the size of the data.
- Evaluation: describe how you will perform the evaluation. For example, what type of metrics you will use and how you will ensure a fair and rigid evaluation.
- Technical details:
- The platform you will use to host the challenge and the leaderboard.
- Baselines and codes for data accessing that you will provide to participants. Will these be shared through github?
- Type of material for the participants’ submissions, like for example, a report, code etc.
- Timeline for the challenge. Note that you should respect the overall time frame mentioned above.
- Awards: The type of awards/prizes you will consider for the winning solutions.
- Details of the organizers of the challenge (Short CVs, Contact Details).
For the submission please use the Springer LNCS format.
Please send your submission to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions and information please contact the Discovery Challenge chairs (Ioannis Partalas and Ioannis Katakis) in the same e-mail address.